After everyone raving about this, reading up the pros and cons for over 10 years I’ve been a product junkie – I have finally gave in and purchased my first bottle of Estee Lauder Double-Wear Foundation.
AND I LOVE IT.
It claims of the UK’s NO.1 Foundation, with 15-hours staying power.
This best-selling foundation provides maximum coverage to even out skin tone and cover imperfections, whilst feeling comfortable and lightweight on the skin.
Double Wear Makeup has medium, buildable coverage in a semi-matte finish. Fights against heat, humidity and exercise to stay in place all day long.
With 24-hour staying power, you can rest assured that your foundation won’t smudge, oxidise or fade throughout the day, whilst maintaining a natural finish. This is the perfect choice for those who want a flawless complexion and is suitable for all skin types and skin tones with a vast range of natural shades available.
It’s got a 4/5 rating on makeupalley with 71% stating they would repurchase it our of the 1,681 users that have reviewed it. That’s pretty high!
Estee Launder Double Wear Stay-in-Place Makeup is the most iconic foundation for years and women across the globe loves this. I have had so many friends asking, recommending, and grabbing this foundation as a repurchase or first time.
Estée Lauder has come a long way and after years, it has finally released 40 shades of foundation that is suitable for Cool, Neutral, Warm undertones that are Light, Medium and Deep.
Suitable for Combination, Dry, Normal, Oily and Sensitive Skin, it’s how you apply it that makes a difference.
What else you need to know:
- Won’t clog pores
#1 Foundation in Stores
This has to mean a lot, with reviews and purchases, it speaks for itself.
The last thing we want is a foundation sliding off, leaving marks, nor blending correctly, oxidising and the list goes on for how a foundation can go wrong. But with the Estee Launder Double Wear Stay-In-Place Foundation, it does not.
The Best Way To Apply This Foundation
There isn’t “one-way” to apply this foundation for “one-type” of skin, it’s up to you to understand what skin type you have and what finish you are after.
- Spray/Mist a facial spray before you apply the foundation and would recommend a wet sponge. Do not apply the foundation directly on the face/sponge. Instead, pump the foundation at the back of your hand, and slowly build it up. This will allow you to have more control.
- Sensitive Skin: Becareful with what primer you are using here, some primer combined with a gel-based moisturiser will result in flaking primer/foundation.
- The foundation dries pretty quickly, so do not leave it for too long before you blend. For example, wash your sponge/beauty blender before you pump out the foundation.
One of the biggest issue while using this foundation is cakiness and the tip is the moisturise and use a primer before applying the foundation. A water based primer is recommended instead of a gel or oil base as it can oxidise and turns patchy under the foundation.
This foundation is so amazing that Estee Lauder have even created a whole range from the Double-Wear formula.
- Double Wear Stay-In-Place Matt Powder Foundation SPF 10
- Double Wear Light Soft Matte Hydra Makeup SPF 10
- Double Wear Maximum Cover Camouflage Makeup SPF 15
- Double Wear Nude Water Fresh Foundation SPF 25
- Double Wear Radian Concealer
- Double Wear Instant Fix Concealer
- Double Wear Stay-In-Place Flawless Wear Concealer
- Double Wear Brush-On- Glow BB
Overall, this foundation is one of my holy grail foundation. After years of trying so many different foundation, the Estee Lauder Double Wear Stay In Place is my top 10 favourite foundation.