Anyone who knows me would know how much I love watches. Downside about it is that, sometimes, I really love a particular design, but feel that it’s not worth to buy it because of the mechanics/how it’s made and the whole package (no names needed here). You’re bound to bump into a friend or even a stranger with the same watch.
But what if, you had a ONE-OF-A-KIND watch? Everybody loves limited edition – a unique, one in a million kind. – A customised watch?
I stumbled upon instagram on a brand called EONIQ – a start up fashion brand started by three friends in Hong Kong led by Quinn Lai.
This was the perfect gift.
- It’s a customised watch. Meaning it’s limited edition/one in a million (okay, not even one in a million, it’s ONE in the world) kind of watch. Anyone who has the same watch/design, would be a copycat.
- With that, it’s a very strong personal statement and a very meaningful gift that people who value it would really appreciate it.
- It’s a mechanical watch – the Miyota 8 series movement which is the legendary 21 jewel powering some of the most robust watches including the drive and pilot watches. Mechanical watches right now are highly overpriced with a good quality/brand and would at least cost RM2.5k for a good one.
- The watch is entirely hand assemmbled and checked by a single watchmaker, with the proper tradition way of watchmaking (HOW COOL IS THAT??)
- Creating the customised watch was easy, steps were given and everything was in a single page.
- The difficult part was the finalise and select the final design to check-out with because EVERYTHING LOOKS SO GOOD!
- Customer service via email and Facebook were really quick, responsive and helpful with my queries. (I needed it within 4 weeks and they were able to send it to me even though the website states it would take about 5-6 weeks)