#curlygirlhair Journey Update.
It’s been 6 weeks since I started the Curly Girl Hair jouney.
I’ve put my straightener aside, kept my hair curlers, my straightening brush, whipped out my diffuser and completely changed my hair routine.
It’s not just putting the straightener away and simply air-drying or using a diffuser. But it’s changing my products and routine.
I’ll be completely honest, It was a struggle at first – especially not being able to blow dry my hair the minute I get out of the shower. Or the fact I have to time when I was my hair because I hate sleeping with wet hair or going out with soaking dripping or even damp hair.
Things I’ve Done:
- I’ve tried the Curly Girl Method (CGM) for 2 weeks and it just did not seem to work out for me. This could be a few factors
- My hair is damaged
- I’m not using the right product
- My hair is just the wrong type and simply not agreeding
- I’ve tried the Laura Method for another 2 weeks and it did not work out for me as well. My hair was just weighed down and my scalp was just too itchy.
- I’m trying out (more like self-experimenting) various of methods that works for me.
Day 1, the waves were appearing.
Week 2, I was still experimenting with products and skills
What I’ve learnt in the past 6 weeks,
- Everyone is different, what works on others may not work on you. But doesn’t mean it’s not worth the try.
- Never buy the a full size product unless you’ve tested and tried it. (Or if it comes with return/refund)
- Today, hair/curls may be perfect and 3 days later after wash-day, hair would be different even though techniques and products are the same.
- It takes forever and patience to dry my hair.
- I look back at straight hair and think why did i think straight was nice?
- Never give up.
There are also days where hair feels like matted wild dog/lion.
And then they are days were volume is on your side.
I love the air drying finish but takes almost 8 hours (or maybe it’s 4 and feels like 8).
On days, I feel like a sheep, and other days I feel like a lion. but then there are days where I feel like a Horse with tangled mane and I just wondered, When would I ever look like groomed poodle with nice bouncy curls.
In the meantime, the journey continues and more updates to come.